We are always keen to hear the views of patients and those that use our surgery. We currently have a “virtual” patient group that from time to time we email out news and ask for opinions on things.
What are the Aims of the Group?
- Promote co-operation between the practice and patients to the benefit of both;
- Promote collaborative working of the Practice and the patients;
- A forum for patients to understand issues affecting the healthcare services, making it easier for patients to understand why things are done in a certain way;
- An opportunity to raise awareness of new services through the PPG members;
- To provide a link between the Practice staff and the patient population’s views;
- To share best practice and good ideas which might enhance the well-being of patients and staff.
- Feed into the wider Public and Patient Engagement structure.
What are the Objectives of the Group?
- Help patients complete written surveys particularly patients who may have sensory or other disabilities;
- To review the surveys and the feedback obtained making suggestions for areas of improvement;
- To organise and develop local surveys with patient input; to obtain views of our service users to help us improve our services;
- Develop and produce a directory for patients of local self care support groups;
- Review and improve the Practice leaflet annually;
- Input and improve the Practice website and the specific PRG page on the website;
- Publicise initiatives such as the message in a bottle scheme or the ICE telephone number (In Case of Emergency)
- Increase awareness of national IT programmes such as Patient Access and Summary Care Records;
- Work with other volunteer services;
- Network with other PRG’s to influence decisions about how any savings from Commissioners can be reinvested to improve health care.